Terms of Service
This document outlines the general Terms of Service (“Terms”) for DPanswers.com (the “Service”).
The Service is provided by the company HNM AS (the “Publisher”).
If you do not agree with these Terms, we respectfully request that you refrain from using the Service.
- Proper use: All use of the Service must be in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. The site must not be used by pupils or students in lieu of doing assigned homework or answering test or exam questions themselves.
- Policy on spam: DPanswers has a zero tolerance policy on spam. Spam is in this case defined as material that have very little to do with the subject at hand, and appears to be posted to the site for no other reason than to promote certain services, products or product websites. Note that DPanswers does not disapprove of product links. Links to relevant and helpful information found at others sites are welcome. What distinguishes link spam from other links is the relevance and helpfulness of the link. Users that spam DPanswers will no longer be able to log onto the site or post directly to the site. Instead, postings from users that engage in spam will be placed in a low priority moderation queue and will only appear on the site after being checked and approved by a moderator.
- Editorial control: Beyond simple filters to reject spam, the Publisher does not edit, screen, filter, modify, or otherwise monitor the content of Contributions in advance of initially posting or displaying it on the Service. The Publisher takes no responsibility for contributed material, nor does the Publisher have any obligation to monitor such material. Nonetheless, Publisher reserves the right to delete Contributions from the Service, in whole or in part, at any time for any reason.
- Not professional advice or relationship: Information provided via the Services is not intended to substitute for informed professional advice. If you contribute a question on a topic, it is given that you are interested in general information on this topic, rather than professional advice. You should bear in mind that the applicability of such general information might vary substantially in different geographical areas and according to the individual factual circumstances surrounding the individual case. If you desire or require professional advice, please consult a qualified professional. Any direct or indirect interchange between you, the Publisher, and additional Authors as a byproduct of using the Service do not form the basis for a professional-client relationship, and is not subject to standards or requirements of confidentiality and/or privilege associated with this type of relationship.
- Personal information: The Publisher will not sell or otherwise distribute your email address, or other personally identifiable information to any third party, except when required to do so in order to comply with a legal process, preventing fraud or other harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- No warranty: The material provided by the Publisher via this Service is derived from public reference sources, or provided by editorial staff, or submitted by independent Authors. The material has not been verified. Neither the Publisher nor Authors represent that it is accurate, correct, complete, reliable, or otherwise valid. The Publisher does not endorse or recommend, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, merchant, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or linked to. Further Publisher does not endorse or support any opinion expressed in a question, comment, or answer. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PUBLISHER AND INDIVIDUAL AUTHORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of warranty, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- Limitation of liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE PUBLISHER OR INDIVIDUAL AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SERVICE WHETHER OR NOT THE PUBLISHER OR AUTHOR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE PUBLISHER OR AUTHOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR SERVICES RENDERED OR INFORMATION PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY QUESTION, COMMENT, OR ANSWER REFERS TO ANY PRODUCT, MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR, COMPANY, SERVICE OR SERVICE PROVIDER, THE PUBLISHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY ASSOCIATION WITH, ENDORSEMENT OF, OR LIABILITY FOR, ANY SUCH PRODUCT, MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR, COMPANY, SERVICE OR SERVICE PROVIDER. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, so the above limitation and exclusions may not apply to you.
- Relationship of the parties: Notwithstanding any provision hereof, for all purposes of these Terms each party shall be and act as an independent entity, and not as partner, joint venturer, agent, employee or employer of the other. These Terms shall not bind nor attempt to bind the other to any contract.
- No assignment: You shall not assign these Terms or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without the Publisher's prior written consent. Any such purported assignment or delegation by you without the Publisher's prior written consent will be null and void and of no force or effect, unless otherwise expressly consented to by the Publisher at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Arbitration: These Terms shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Norway. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid and enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the arbitration rules of the Kingdom of Norway (voldgift). Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and unappealable. The arbitration shall be conducted in Oslo, Norway. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Publisher may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. The Publisher's failure to act upon a breach of these Terms does not waive the Publisher's right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. The failure of Publisher to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such a right or provision.