“Digital” lenses on a film camera

I am buying lenses for a 135-format film camera, and in today's confusing market, I never know whether a particular lens is designed to fit on my camera, or on a DSLR with a “cropped” image circle.

How can one tell that a lens from a particular manufacturer will only cover a limited image circle?

If you want to subscribe to this thread and get an email every time the thread is updated, you need to register. Registration is free and carry no obligations.

One response:

All lens manufacturers "code" the special properties of each lens with a string of letters that are part of the lens' official designation. You'll find a list over these letters here.

Leave a comment.

Title (optional):


Enter the caracters below into the Verify-field to indicate that you are not a spambot.
To avoid having to enter a verify code, register at the site and log in before posting.
CAPTCHA Image new image 2
Verify code:  (Required.)
Your name:   (Required.)
Your email:   (Will not be published.)

Notice: If you feel that you have found inappropriate content on this site, please let us know by contacting us with the with the URL of problematic page. TIA.

This page is from: http://dpanswers.com/roztr/content_show.php